By Bruce Haupt
Patient financing still may be a niche component of healthcare revenue cycle, but it’s gained traction and visibility during the past few years. That’s because more health systems realize patient pay is a necessary pillar of the three-legged reimbursement stool.
Healthcare analysts understand this, too, with Black Book Market Research and KLAS Research releasing reports this year. Both reports are based on independently verified customer feedback. I’m pleased to say ClearBalance HealthCare® takes top rankings in both studies.
- Black Book Market Research: ClearBalance is the customer-rated #1 patient financing vendor according to Black Book’s June 2020 revenue cycle report. Selection criteria includes:
- Strategic alignment of services with the health system’s mission and goals
- Innovation and optimization
- Trust and accountability
- Service scalability
- Process improvement
- KLAS Research: ClearBalance achieved a customer satisfaction score of 91.1 (out of 100), the highest score of any patient financing vendor, according to the KLAS Patient Financial Experience report, Dec. 2020. Score criteria comprises the ability to exceed expectations; innovation; service execution; executive team involvement; value; and referral to others. ClearBalance outpaced other vendors in multiple categories, including:
- Achieves tangible outcomes
- Exceeds expectations
- Money’s worth
- Executive engagement
- Overall satisfaction